Employment-to-population ratio - total employed as a percentage share of total working age population.
Working age population refers to household population 15 years old and over: This consists of:
- Persons who are present at the time of visit of the enumerator:
- whose usual place of residence is the sample household regardless of their length of stay in the household,
- whose usual place of residence is outside the sample household but have stayed temporarily with the sample household for at least 30 days,
- whose usual place of residence is outside the sample household but have stayed with the sample household even for less than 30 days provided that they have been away from their usual place of residence for 30 days or more;
- Persons who are not present at the time of visit but are expected to return within 30 days from date of departure to their usual place of residence, which is the sample household;
- Students abroad/tourists who have been away for one year or less and are expected to be back within a year from date of departure. These also include those attending training abroad, medical treatment and missionaries.
Persons in institutions who are not expected to return within 30 days; members of the Armed Forces of the Philippines who have been away from their usual place of residence for more than 30 days; Filipinos, whose usual place of residence is in a foreign country, who are and will be in the Philippines for less than one year from arrival; citizens of foreign countries and members of their families who are in the Philippines as tourists, students, businessmen, or for employment provided they expect to stay in the country for one year or less from arrival; foreign ambassadors, ministers, consuls or other diplomatic representatives, and members of their families, regardless of the length of their stay; and citizens of foreign countries who are chiefs and officials of international organizations like UN, ILO or USAID and members of their families, regardless of their length of their stay; and Overseas Filipino Workers and employees in Philippine embassies, consulates and other missions.